Built heritage is characterizing cities and towns and at the same time it can represent the identity of a certain place. The future of an old building is ensured for a long time if it is continuously used. In order to design a long-term solution for the built heritage the requirements and needs of future generations should be understood. The aim of the Places and Technologies 2019 conference is to discuss methodologies, urban, architectural or structural design ideas that can help to form the future of the built environment.
Keeping up with technologies to turn built heritage into the places of future generations is the leading idea-motive of the conference. By using appropriate technologies and with a multidisciplinary approach it can be ensured that the preservation of built heritage will be a long-term solution for current and future social needs. This way the buildings and remains of previous decades or centuries can be an integrated part of future cities and towns. Consequently, the conference program and research are based on the knowledge of several academic disciplines: architecture, engineering and further technical sciences, art, humanities and social sciences.
The main tasks of the conference are defined in order to discuss the issues related to
- integration and future of the built heritage,
- methodologies or preservation,
- planning and design strategies to increase the acceptance of the built heritage by future generations,
- multidisciplinary cooperation of different scientific fields in the preservation of built heritage,
- cooperation in architectural design and related arts,
- utilization of future technologies